SHOW MY HOMEWORK AT THE THE WHITSTABLE SCHOOL.
We use ‘Show My Homework’ to set and monitor homework at The Whitstable School. Show My Homework (SMHW) is an online platform that provides each pupils with a personalised homework diary. Parents can also view the diary to see progress and completion. SMHW works on all types of device and is very user friendly. At the start of each academic year pupils and parents will receive their log on pin and instruction on how to activate the account. If you would like to reset your password or are experiencing problems please contact Mrs J Croucher 01227 931340.
- It improves your child’s thinking and memory
- It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve them well throughout life
- Homework encourages your child to use time wisely
- It teaches your child to work independently
- Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for learning
- It allows your child to review and practice what has been covered in class
- It helps your child to get ready for the next lesson
- Homework helps your child learn research and active inquiry strategies
- It encourages your child to explore learning opportunities and develop a critical curiosity
- It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
- It helps your child integrate learning by applying knowledge to different subject areas out of context
- Homework helps parents know more about what their child is learning at school